When:
February 24, 2018 @ 2:00 pm – 9:00 pm
2018-02-24T14:00:00-06:00
2018-02-24T21:00:00-06:00
Where:
Sugar Mill Pond Town Center
101 Waterview Rd
Youngsville
LA 70592
Cost:
Free

Pink out the Pond with Komen Acadiana for its 19th Annual Race for the Cure and Family Fun Day! For the latest updates, follow along on the event’s Facebook here. 

Susan G. Komen® Acadiana has officially kicked off Race registration and is gearing up for its 19th Annual Susan G. Komen Acadiana Race for the Cure®. Once again, Komen Acadiana will be “Pinking out the Pond.” On February 24, 2018, Sugar Mill Pond in Youngsville will welcome a wave of pink runners, all joining together to raise funds for local community grants and lifesaving research to one day bring an end to breast cancer, forever.
Race for the Cure® is Komen Acadiana’s largest annual fundraiser. Seventy-five percent (75%) of the net proceeds raised through this event helps fund local community grants in and around Acadiana for breast cancer education, screening, patient navigation, treatment and support services. The remaining twenty-five percent (25%) goes to a National Research Foundation, and funds lifesaving research to find cures for breast cancer.
This year, Race Day Registration and the Event Expo will open at 2:00pm, and will include a Survivor Celebration, Survivor Parade, live entertainment, Team Hangout, Kids Korner, and much more. The 1 mile and 5k family fun runs will kickoff at 5:30pm. Post-Race, there will be a survivor ceremony, food, fun and a concert.


Runners and walkers, alike, can sign up to participate in the Race for the Cure® by joining an existing team, forming a new team, or through an individual registration. Registrants are encouraged to fundraise and donate in addition to their race registration and will receive rewards and access to the VIP Tent, as more fully explained on our race registration form and website.
Participants who are unable to physically attend the Race are welcome to fundraise and participate through our Virtual Runner option.
Racers can save $5 now through October 31st, when they register with the promotional discount code PINK when registering at www.komenacadiana.org/race


Susan G. Komen Acadiana services 19 parishes in Louisiana. Since 1999, Komen Acadiana has awarded over $3.4 million to local organizations for innovative breast health and breast cancer services not found elsewhere– serving the uninsured and under insured for screening, education and treatment. Additionally, Komen Acadiana has funded over $1 million in lifesaving research for cures for breast cancer. For more information about 2017 Acadiana Race for the Cure, including sponsorship or mission information, please contact the Area Director of Komen Acadiana, Gretchen Daniel, at (337) 993-5745 or gretchend@komenacadiana.org.